NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Gene Reeves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:30:21 +0900
Friends,

  I wonder if anyone has an idea as to why the information panel (at
least in OS 10.4.11) does not give NWP as an option for opening older
Nisus files.

  I have been using Nisus since before it was Nisus (Solo Writer?).
Naturally I have some old Nisus documents, some of which I
occasionally need to open. If I were to just open NWP, find the
relevant document and tell it to open it, it will. But my habit when
I need to change the application in which I want a document to open
is to open the information panel and change the designated
application there. But when I do that with older Nisus documents,
Nisus 4 for example, I am given a gazillion options. Every possible
text application and some that are not even for that purpose, is
shown as an option--everything except NWP or NWE! Why should I be
able to select Word, Mellel, Graphic Converter, Devon, Eudora, etc.
etc., but not NWP? It's strange.

Cheers,
Gene
Tokyo