NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:50:13 -0600
I'm not entirely sure what is meant by text boxes in current state of
software, but, while it is not directly convenient, and NWP user
interface for graphics is still not up to speed with its
capabilities, what about creating a vector-mapped chunk of text and
insert it as a graphic.  Then it can be made to flow in the text,
move with paragraph, or anchor to page, and text can be made to flow
around it.

Would this be a viable or useful work-around until Nisus folks get
around to making such a feature directly editable?  (it should be
relatively trivial,  it would seem.)

I heard talk earlier of LinkBack.  that should make something like
this much easier.  but I see no evidence that anything viable is
going on in this arena.  Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm
wrong, but it seems LinkBack died for some reason-- which I still
don't understand, and still lament.

	Ben Andrus