NISUS Archives

June 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:58:46 +0900
Hello Kino,

Thank you very much for your answer.

On Jun 1, 2010, at 8:00 PM, Kino wrote:

> Surely there would be other ways to do so but my usual procedure is
>
> 	$variable = Cast to String 'something' # unnecessary if
> 'something' is already plain text
> 	Push Target Text $variable
> 		Set Font Name 'Hiragino Mincho Pro'
> 	Pop Target Text

Ah, I didn't know these commands. I read the explanation in Nisus
Macro Reference, but I don't understand well what is the point. Could
you give me a more detailed explanation on these commands...? On the
other hand, I found that if I just insert the text, after setting the
font to a certain font at the insertion point, it is not only the
inserted text but some other characters are changed to that font...

Another oddity was that if I use "Set Font Name 'Hiragino Mincho
Pro'" command, the font changes to Hiragino Mincho Pro, but the
character is marked as "Font Substituted" (highlighted in Red); this
does not happen if I use the menu command "Format:Font:Hiragino
Mincho Pro".

Anyway, I found that the menu commands are not specially slow, and
work well.

Another thing (unrelated to this subject) that I found in writing
this macro is that the command "$text.find xxx"... is VERY VERY slow.
I could replace them with "$text.rangeOfString xxx" -- but this
should really be improved, like perl's "$text =~ /xxx/"... command.

Thank you again.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,