NISUS Archives

April 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 03:08:58 +0900
Hello Takamitsu

by "sunflower" do you mean "beach ball"? The beach ball is the standard mac indication that a process is not completing.

I can sympathize. Nisus does this for me too these days. The problem in my case has to do with the list of past opened files. In my case this list contains files on other servers. In my case this used to include files on my iDisk, and more recently it includes files on my iPhone. The iDisk is a now a defunct apple technology, so the only way I was able to get rid of this was to trash the list of previous files. The simplest way to to do that is to erase the Nisus plist file in preferences. If you don't want to lose all your preferences you can try to edit the file using the plist editor to remove only the preferences that cause the problem. (Try removing the whole file first, but keep a copy. Then edit and replace, etc.)

Since currently my list includes files on my iPhone, I actually have to unlock my iPhone to get Nisus to start working! This is kind of like a return to the *good old* dongle days for those with long enough memories! My iPhone now functions like a dongle. Unless I turn it on I can't work with Nisus!! I really hope that Nisusoft release an update that gets rid of this problem soon.

Of course there are many possible problems that might cause the appearance of a beach ball. I hope you can identify the reason in your case.

best
Philip

On 16. Apr 2013, at 2:18 , t muraoka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I wonder if any of you could help me.
>
> When I start working on a NW file, a multi-coloured sunflower-like thing appears and starts revolving, which seems to last for ages. So long as it’s turning round, I can’t work on the file. Does anyone know what this is and how can I stop this or get rid of this sunflower?
> It’s a real nuisance.
>
> Cheers,
> Takamitsu

Philip Spaelti