NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 02:10:45 +0900
On 2011-01-04 +0900 (JST), at 4:30 PM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> The Secrets PrefPane is a bit sluggish. I couldn't activate all the settings I wanted in one go, only one at a time. In between I had to restart the finder each time. Don't know if that is normal.

You should be able to change multiple options at once. Changes are written to pref files immediately. It is quite normal that you have to relaunch applications, which read pref files only while starting up.

> By the way, what does "Maximum label lines" in Secrets PrefPane > Finder mean?

I don't know. I have never used labels in OS X. Perhaps a few times in OS 9 and earlier. I don't like their way of colouring file names. I'm an aesthete in my own way even if no one understands me ;-)

Kino