NISUS Archives

November 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:52:21 +1100
Good morning all

I might have mentioned PhotoLine for graphics, particularly photo
editing. It also has useful raster and type stuff; even does DTP.

I'm just downloading the newest .01 update to 16.54, and my eye
strayed to mention of languages.

It comes with German, English, French, Italian, and Chinese built in.
I'm not sure exactly what that means, but thought it might be of
interest to some on this list.

AND the Mac version still offers a choice of operating as 36 bit
Rosetta, 36 bit Intel or 64 bit Intel. It takes Photoshop plug-ins,
so this choice of operating mode is very useful -- I run it as 36 bit
Intel most of the time on OS X.6.8, but I can switch to 36 bit
Rosetta to run some old plug-ins.

Like NWP, PhotoLine is a small developers' product, very well
featured, at a modest price. The interface is "interesting" but has
improved a lot since I first saw it.  :)

I have no pecuniary interest here.

Cheers, geoff