NISUS Archives

September 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2011 11:01:38 +0900
Hello Brian,

On Sep 2, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Brian Ferguson wrote:

> The former opened the latter very easily [using the latest filter]. All text and a couple of pictures were there but the text appears written over an 'orange' background. I've had this a few times before and it is most annoying.
>
> The text is readable and the file, when printed, is without the orange background.
>
> Questions:
> What causes the colour and how do I delete it, if I really need to do that?
>
> Is there some sort of filter I can add?

I had the same problem before. I think this is some kind of "marked text", probably "bookmarked", or "missing font". Go to "Preferences > Appearance", and check the colors of these "marked text". You can delete bookmark(s), or change the fonts to those you have on your computer. If the color comes from some "field code" (related to "Merge Placeholders"), then you can not delete it; the only thing you can do is to make the color blank in the Preferences > Appearance. We can insert "merge placeholders", but we cannot delete them or edit them. I told once about this problem with Martin. He said he would think of some way to fix it, but I think he had not the time to do so for this upgrade.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,
Japan