NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:53:42 +0900
Hello Bob,

On Jun 16, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Robert B. Waltz wrote:

> I would agree with this -- if NisusWriter could get its file format right. A very, very big IF. I finally am trying to shift from NW Classic to NW Pro -- and I discover that NisusWriter's files don't import properly into Quark Xpress. The RTF files won't import *at all*, and if I save in Word format, it still bollixes the format.
>
> My workaround in NW Classic was simple: I had a macro which converted NW Classic files to XPress markup tags. This was easy, because all I wanted was the ruler name (to produce a style name tag), plus bold and italic. This doesn't work any more, because the user-defined rulers are gone.

I don't understand what differences you find between the user-defined rulers and user-defined styles (which are in NWP). What you need, I think, is a plain text with style names and bold and italic tags. I think this is not too difficult to do with the new NWP macro. I have not a ready macro for such a purpose, but a macro like Kino's "SelectByStyle.nwm" (<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/select/SelectByStyle_nwm.zip>) would help you very much to write a macro for your needs.

I use a similar macro to generate tex format files from a NWP files.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,
Japan