NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ferren MacIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:03:25 +0100
2 questions.

1)  Is there a way to keep a Figure caption with the Figure in any
placement mode other than ‘In line with text’?  If I fix the Figure on
the page, the Caption wanders off with the text, even when 'Keep with
next paragraph' is checked. This is not good.

2) It seems to me that whenever I have more than about 2^14 characters
in a document, footnote placement gets confused. Anybody else notice
this? (The work-around is to change footnote-text font size, forcing a
complete repagination.)

-- Ferren
(Dr) Ferren MacIntyre   1 Chemin des Echarts
Campagne sur Aude     11260 France
OSX 10.5.8  MacBook Pro 5,1
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB