NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:43:52 +1100
>> While you are in a spending mode, have a look at 'Amnesia'; excellent remover of unwanted stuff

Maybe I used the wrong term "unwanted". But if you don't know 'what' to delete, how can you do any cleanup? And if it's not wanted, why bother?

Amnesia works by dragging in the unwanted .app file into its window; even dragging an enveloping folder will work.

Then, all the subsidiary files attached to it are located and shown. E.g. its .plist files. There is no point in letting them hang around.

You then decide whether to trash everything associated with the mail App,  or leave everything untouched.

'AppZapper' does the same thing but I feel Amnesia is more reliable.
Regards from brianF