NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:40:56 +0900
On Mar 25, 2010, at 1:34 AM, Simeon Chavel wrote:

> But now I have a new question: How do I make a different first footnote, one that is not numbered with the rest, has in fact no number at all but maybe an asterisk, and in such a way that there is no visible reference in the body of the text?

Probably a character looking a white space was accidentally set to the first footnote as a custom note reference. If so, running the following macro will make it visible. You can do it manually but not so easily if the width of the character is zero.
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/footendnotes/ClearCustomNoteRef_nwm.zip>

Attention: the macro normalizes all custom note references.

Kino
--

I seem to have written this macro months ago and has forgot to upload it.

### Clear Custom Note References ###

# Clear all custom note references in the frontmost document.
# They will revert to those defined in the stylesheet.

Require Pro Version 1.2
$doc = Document.active
if $doc == undefined  # if there is no open document...
	exit
end

$allNotes = $doc.allNotes
if ! $allNotes.count
	exit 'No note found in this document, exit...'
end

foreach $note in $allNotes
	$note.customReference = undefined
end