NISUS Archives

December 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:22:44 +0900
On Dec 29, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> I finally made up my mind and bought a MacBook Pro 17'' with OS 10.6.5.

That's very fast, like in a dream, no? ;-)

> If my memory serves me right I was able to link and open a Nisus document from within another Nisus document by using a hyperlink under OS 10.4.11 (Insert Menu > Hyperlinks > Add Link). Now it seems I can't do this anymore, i.e the document to which the hyperlink refers to is just selected in Finder, the document itself is not opened.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes. Apple changed the behaviour, presumably in fear of a possible security problem.

Martin & co. are aware of the inconvenience, so possibly they will do something to get the feature back in a future version of NWP.

In the meantime, perhaps you may find the macro below useable as a work around.

# Run the macro with the insertion point somewhere in a text having hyperlink.
# This macro misbehaves for urls containing % (e.g. %20 instead of a space).

$sel = TextSelection.active
$attr = $sel.text.displayAttributesAtIndex $sel.location
if Defined $attr.link
	Open URL $attr.link
	# open file with a default app for the file type
	# this comand works in a way similar to /usr/bin/open
else
	exit 'No url link in the selection, exiting...'
end

Kino