NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 18:52:34 +0900
On Sep 3, 2010, at 3:19 PM, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> But sequences of characters keyed-in in the reverse mode in footnotes get converted the other way round. So when I wrote in a footnote <GFE DCBA> (that is how it looks) turns up as <ABCD EFG>. This is not conditioned by a font I use, i.e. even in the Roman alphabet.

I think you can use a macro supplied by Nisus soft to fix it. Select those character sequences and run ":Macro:Changing Text:Reverse Text".

If it does not work for you, try the macro below which takes care of Return, Break, Soft Return but does not try to decompose composed characters because there was no combining diacritical mark in MacRoman.

Kino
--

# This macro works on selections.

$doc = Document.active
$found = Find All in Selection '[^\n\f\x{2028}]+', 'E' # exclude Return, Break, Soft Return

if ! $found
	exit 'No valid selection, exiting...'
end

$sels = $doc.textSelections
Select Start  # deselect
foreach $sel in reversed $sels
	$chars = $sel.subtext.split ''
	$i = 0
	$j = $chars.count - 1
	while $i < $j
		$chars.swapValuesAtIndexes $i, $j
		$i += 1
		$j -= 1
	end
	$chars = $chars.join ''
	$sel.text.replaceInRange $sel.range, $chars
end