NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 00:56:24 +1000
At 11:28 AM +0200 18/4/11, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:
>On 08.04.2011, at 02:59, Geoffrey Heard wrote:
>
>>  Using iPhoto Buddy I can have as many
>>different libraries as I like, put them where I
>>like (with relevant other materials) and very
>>importantly, never be in a position where if
>>one database becomes faulty, I lose everything
>>(which is what can occur with a big, single
>>dtabase like iPhoto).
>
>When one big database becomes faulty will we not
>be able to access the pictures by
>Command-clicking on the icon in Finder? Inside
>the package is a folder called "Data.noindex"
>where the photos are stored. If this folder can
>be accessed then all we have to do is to create
>a new database and import or drag and drop the
>pictures into the new database.

Ha! I didn't know that. In earlier iPhoto
libraries you could simply open them like a
folder, but latterly, they have changed.

Ah -- now I have it. You simply right (control)
click them, then go to "Open Package Contents" --
IGNORE "Data.noindex", that's just the thumbnails
-- go to the folders labelled "Originals" --
which are your original pix -- and "Modified"
which are the pictures you have pictures you have
edited.

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Business & Environment Writer, Editor, Publisher
The Worsley Press
Buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just
making pretty shapes?" -- the world's ONLY
scientifically based guide to type and layout,
and receive a free 140 page guide to advertising
for small business: "How to make great ads for
(small) business: 99 real world advertising ideas
to kickstart *your* business today". Amazon or
http://www.worsleypress.com