NISUS Archives

July 2016

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:15:19 +0900
Hello,

Here is the macro I would like to have -- that I tried to write myself, but this seems too difficult for me.

I have two documents, one containing the main text with footnote numbers in plain text (in the format "(x)"), and the other containing all the notes, each consisting in one line, beginning with "1. ", "2. ", etc.

In other words, the two files are like this:

main text document:

aaaaaaaaaa (1), bbbbbbbb (2) ccccccc (3)...

notes document:

1. xxxxxxxx
2. yyyyyyy
3. zzzzzzzz

etc.

The regex "\(\d+\)" finds all the note numbers in the main text, and nothing else; and the regex "^.+$" finds all the note contents.

I would like to make a new document in which the notes will be incorporated as footnotes. How can I do this?

Thank you very much in advance for your insight.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,
Japan