NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:59:24 +1000
Hei Erick

I actually work in quite a similar way except
that I have the subfolder of original pictures as
an iPhoto library which I create and access as
described through the donation-ware iPhoto Buddy.
Using iPhoto Buddy I can have as many different
libraries as I like, put them where I like (with
relevant other materials) and very importantly,
never be in a position where if one database
becomes faulty, I lose everything (which is what
can occur with a big, single dtabase like iPhoto).

When I edit pix for a project, I then save them
off into another subfolder in the same folder.

I have to say I don't worry about space on the
hard disks any longer since HDs are so cheap --
but then I have curtailed my activities a bit so
perhaps I don't have as much to store.

But each to his own!  :)

Cheers, geoff