NISUS Archives

October 2015

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:52:18 +0900
Hamid,
I think Takamitsu’s problem is something else. He wants to index items that have “Ps” followed by some numbers, but he doesn’t know which numbers. Or rather we wants to index “Ps” followed by any suitable pairs of numbers. In my understanding the "Index using word list" feature would require to list every combination of possible numbers. It does not accept wildcards.
Philip

> On 2015 Oct 22, at 18:42, Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> On 22 Oct 2015, at 09:27, takamitsu Muraoka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Philip,
>>
>> I'm afraid I've got stuck. Your formula does work wonderfully in finding all the references to the book of Psalms. But when I use that formula in my word list and try to make an index by applying this word list, no reference to Psalms gets highlighted in the text nor included in the index thus produced. What can be done, I wonder?
>
> Hello Takamitsu,
> I cannot reproduce the problem.
> If one line of your world list looks like this:
> Ps 5.2	Ps 5.2
> Then "Ps 5.2" in the text is marked and in the index it appears as: "Ps 5.2” followed by the page locator.
>
> Hamid

Philip Spaelti