NISUS Archives

June 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:01:37 +1000
I can't say what the configuration is, but my Windoze using mate does
stuff like that. And I stick with OS X.6.8 to run Canvas n Eudora n
some other things.  :)

I'm not fond of Windows -- never used it beyond a bit of email and
browsing from time to time -- but I get sick and tired of the
hyperbole surrounding Apple. Remember how long it took Nisus to come
out with NWE? Was this the mighty Cocoa at work? Yes it was -- and
the mighty Apple with an OS that was more like jelly than a concrete
foundation.

I was looking at the latest Samsung android tablet this morning for a
mate of mine. I was astonished to see the battery capacity -- roughly
the same as that of my 2010 MBP 15". Pretty good. Al;l the otherf
specs looked pretty good too.

Cheers, geoff