NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 00:11:06 +0900
On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Kino wrote:

> I don't know if the divergency in the output format in Tiger is caused by NWP or by Tiger.

I received an answer from Martin yesterday. To sum up, "Read User Default" command returns what OS X has returned as text string converted from binary by OS X. So it is OS X that is inconsistent.

Also, following Ben's off-list suggestion, I modified the macro so that keyboard shortcuts are colourized differently as follows:

orange: Nisus Writer/OS X defaults
dark red: Defined in Preferences - Menu Keys
teal: NSUserKeyEquivalents (System Preferences - Keyboard [& Mouse] - Keyboard Shortcuts)
dark green: Services commands

This classification is a bit illogical in that, while the first three categories are defined by the way how a shortcut is assigned, "Services commands" is one of command categories.

It is difficult to subdivide those categories further. For example, command-s for "Save" is a standard shortcut assignment of OS X but perhaps is it explicitly defined in NWP? I don't know.

As to shortcuts defined as NSUserKeyEquivalents, it is possible to distinguish those working system-wide (global domain) and those specific to NWP (com.nisus.NisusWriter), but I don't think that kind of distinction would help anyone.

This macro does not list Cocoa keybindings which are totally different. It would be a category error to treat them and menu command shortcuts as something similar.

The macro file is available as
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/misc/ExportMenuKeys_nwm.zip>

Also I updated ResizeImage macro so that it uses Image object properties to get the actual and original sizes of an image.
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/misc/ResizeImage_nwm.zip>

Kino