NISUS Archives

December 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 17:17:33 +0900
Hello Kino,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

On Dec 25, 2010, at 11:04 PM, Kino wrote:

> In NWP macro, "selection"  means not only a visible selection but
> also a zero-width selection, i.e. insertion point. So
> TextSelection.active returns always something valid unless there is
> no open document.

I understand this.

> Same with selectedSubstrings command. This is why
> $selectedTexts.count in your macro returns 1 when just an insertion
> point exists in the frontmost document window.

This is still difficult to understand. If the index of array is zero-
based, I would understand better, if "$selectedTexts.count" returned
0 (that is one selection), instead of 1...??

And what is the normal way to verify if there is/are selection(s) in
a document?

Thank you in advance.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga