NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ron Schemen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:38:19 +0100
Hi Geoff,

Did you follow the steps on Apple's support site ?
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3748

	• The Exchange 2007 server must have Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 Update Rollup 4 or later installed.
	• You can have as many Exchange 2007 (EWS) accounts in Mail as you would like.
	• Exchange 2007 accounts use the Exchange Web Services protocol.

Since it uses the Web Service protocol, I have a suspicion that your account on the exchange server also needs to have Outlook Web Access (OWA) enabled.
Your tech guy should be able to check and configure that.

I used to use mail.app from OS X 10.6.x with our Exchange 2007 server without any issues.

The following link might also help :
http://blink.ucsd.edu/technology/email/tasks/clients/mail-10.6.x.html

If your account has OWA enable you can also use the webmail light. Usually you connect to it using :
https://exchangeserver.address/owa/

Success,

Ron Schemen