NISUS Archives

February 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 10:51:30 +1100
At 3:22 PM +0100 3/2/12,
=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=9Eorvar=C3=B0ur_Dav=C3=AD=C3=B0sson?= wrote:
>Rosetta broken in OS X 10.6.8 after security update
>
>Read more:
>http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57370890-263/rosetta-broken-in-os-x-10.6.8-after-security-update/

It certainly is! My beloved Canvas was killed, so were many other apps.

A fix has been offered, but it DID NOT work for me. Fortunately, I
keep my OS and apps in a partition of their own, so I was able to
wipe it and restore from my back-up of last Tuesday -- fortuitously
made just before I installed the update.

 From the Wizaerd's Canvas forum:

"Security update breaks powerpc apps using Rosetta..."

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/03/snow-leopard-security-update-kills-powerpc-apps-using-rosetta/

http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/03/latest-apple-updates-also-messing-with-rosetta-powerpc-apps-like-quicken/

--

My coworkers and I issued a fix here:

Rosetta Issue after Security Update 2012-001.
I make no guarantees for everyone, but hope that it helps those who
are experiencing issues. It replaces the ImageIO.Framework with a
working copy from a machine from before the Security Update.

http://www.educate-it.org/content.php?130-Rosetta-Issue-after-Security-Update-2012-001

--

Cheers, geoff