NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:30:18 +1000
I too have 'tried' to connect an Epson Stylus Photo TX710W to an iMac by Wireless. Same experience - cannot work out how. The iMac prints using USB cable from port on back of screen.

After reading this post, I wondered how my wife's MacBook, which is in a room 3-4 walls away, managed to print on this printer. I had assumed that the MacBook used Airport to my Time Capsule then the printer, but that's not possible as the Time Capsule does connect directly to the printer, or by a wireless link direct to the printer [without any setup by me.]

However, it appears that her iBook uses its Airport link to my iMac and then to the printer. I assume that if I turn off the iMac she cannot print.

Since everything works now, I ain't changin' nuffin'. And I've given up wireless. Epson's instructions are hopeless.
Regards from brianF