NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:01:24 +0900
You do not really need to go to the trouble of making vector mapped graphics. You can just insert a pdf file. And since Nisus Writer has "Save as pdf", this can be done entirely within Nisus.

1. Open a new file and create the text box. Use a custom paper size of small dimensions. If you want a border insert the text inside a table.

2. Save (for future reference) and Save as Pdf

3. Go to the main document and Insert Image. Choose the pdf text box.

4. Change the image to fixed on page. Now you can even put your text box overlapping the margin.

For most cases this beats the table method hands down.

Philip

On 17. Mar 2010, at 1:50 , Andrus wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure what is meant by text boxes in current state of software, but, while it is not directly convenient, and NWP user interface for graphics is still not up to speed with its capabilities, what about creating a vector-mapped chunk of text and insert it as a graphic.  Then it can be made to flow in the text, move with paragraph, or anchor to page, and text can be made to flow around it.

Philip Spaelti