NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:12:10 +1000
Thanks, everyone, for the guidance on backing up. I've have a WD
Passport 500GB (pocket size). I've partitioned it as I have the HD in
my machine nad made copies to two separate halves of the two separate
halves I have on the machine, using Carbon Copy Cloner.

It seemed to me that it had no incremental back up capability. Am I
wrong? So I am trying out Deja Vu which definitely does do increments
(to the CCC back up, actually) ... although I can't see how to turn
that feature off, short of having it work to a blank disk.

I'll see how that process goes.

Many thanks again.

Best regards, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all
business" FREE when you buy "Success in Store: how to start or buy a
retail business, enjoy running it and make money" or "How to Start
and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter". Buy at Amazon or
www.worsleypress.com