NISUS Archives

December 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:08:50 +1100

Then paolo savonuzzi wrote:

>I was meaning, Anne, that it's not an issue for
>the machine: I know it is for humans ;-)
>and I was talking about a *previous generation*
>MB Air. processor's temperature, during
>intensive tasks, goes up to more than 80° C and
>the corresponding area of the bottom case (where
>your left knee would ideally be) reaches, I
>believe, 40-45°
>
>so, Geoff: no heat or no light? ;-)

Many thanks for your advice, Anne. I do very much
like the notion of the 11", bug I'm going for the
13" -- but obviously that shouldn't make too much
difference.

Paolo -- you floored me with that one. I LOL-ed.
Tough decision! Maybe I could wear one of those
little headlamps people have for reading nowadays
-- or just stick a torch in my mouth (at least
that would shut me up!).

Many thanks to you both.

Warm regards

Geoffrey Heard
Business writer, editor, publisher
The Worsley Press
Buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just
making pretty shapes?" -- the world's ONLY
scientifically based guide to type and layout,
and receive a free 140 page guide to advertising
for small business: "How to make great ads for
(small) business: 99 real world advertising ideas
to kickstart *your* business today". Amazon or
http://www.worsleypress.co2