NISUS Archives

April 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Heinz Wunderli <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:38:10 +0200
Dear Nisusers

Sorry to bother y'all with something I know has been discussed more than once before.

Though we are using VLC and also an external LaCie DVD drive we are fed up
with problems due to discs baring different country codes. We cannot help but are
a "globalised" family, and as such we get DVDs from friends (or sometimes buy them
ourselves) from different parts of the world - no wonder we run a cocktail of different
coded disks. However, we are now in a situation in which we would prefer to run
them with the Apple DVD-player on one machine (Mac mini) because of a problem
with sound in case we use a different way. Now, we are well aware of the fact that it
is actually illegal to knock out and override the code part blocking media bought in
other countries in the Apple app, but we still decided to ask you whether someone
would tell us the simplest or safest way what and how to install some killer-app that
is able to emancipate the racist Apple player …

Help is very much appreciated!

Regards and greetings to all from Ticino (Italian speaking area of Switzerland)

Heinz.