NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 00:03:18 -0700
>Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:
>
>How would it be possible to get the file path of a file (for example
>a Classic Nisus Writer file, or a .doc file) which is "temporarily"
>open as "xxx (converted)".

I just used a program called fseventer to see what files were created
when opening a WordPerfect file in NWP, which produced a document
named "xxx (converted)".  According to fseventer, no file was created
at all.  This implies the converted document is stored only in RAM
until you save it; i.e., it is not stored in a temporary file.

If you want to confirm this, you can post a question on the web forum
and Martin undoubtedly will respond.
--

Bob Stern