NISUS Archives

March 2020

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Timothy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:49:14 -0400
Morning, they.

(that's me being gender neutral)

I am doing optical recognition on an old manuscript but in the transfer I am often getting a comma at the end of the sentence rather than a full stop as desired.

Not a problem for Nisus, I tell myself, and run a little find and replace. My find is: comma, space, capital letter. , (AnyUppercaseLetter), , [[:upper:]]

Why then is Find flagging strings with a lower case? e.g.:impossible, sir   or possible, highly

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Williams