NISUS Archives

March 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:28:35 +1100
At 5:41 PM +1100 02/03/11, Brian Ferguson wrote:
>On 02/03/2011, at 12:04 PM, Geoffrey Heard wrote:
>
>>  Regarding iApps -- Stone, the creator of Create and other graphics
>>alternatives, has advised that his work for Mac is very much
>>backburner these days -- he's making much more money developing
>>iApps than he ever made developing desktop apps.
>>
>  > Is that what Nisus is up to while we're waiting for the next upgrade?  :D
>
>Yep.
>
>I don't need an upgrade; it's fine as it is.

But Brian -- what about the vertical ruler??? <errant tear rolls down
ageing cheek>

>But a NWP iApp will keep Nisus Corp running for a long time so that,
>maybe, an update will come later.

True. I can see it now, with my ear trumpet plugged firmly into my
lughole, my dutiful daughter shouting triumphantly into the big end
of it: "Hey, Pai, I'm downloading NWP v.2!!!"

And an idiotic smile will break through the wrinkles of my prune-like
face and I'll drool and dribble and cavort about and wave an
arthritic finger or two in jerky motions reminiscent of typing.

("Pai" means "Dad" in Portuguese. It's about the only Portuguese she
knows, due to her mother's dereliction of duty, except for "kwekash"
-- here spelt phonetically. Lovely word. I also know "muito cervajha
por favor". Is that correct? Who knows, but it produces desired
results.)

Best regards

Geoffrey Heard
The Ad-Doctor-Online