NISUS Archives

February 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 07:09:27 +0900
> I am very happy with InfoClick.
>
> Is there a similar app to replace Spotlight? I need something straightforward that I can understand. I don't want to have to learn a code for searching files.

I too am very happy with it. I think it's too powerful for casual email users who could make do with the primitive built-in search function, but for people who have thousands of emails and need to find that certain email fast, InfoClick is amazing. Old-timers here will probably remember a similar application for the classic Mac, but this implementation is much better.

It would be great if this technology should be adapted to create an alternative to Spotlight for searching one's entire computer.