NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:50:08 +0900
Hello Simeon and Kino,

On Mar 24, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Kino wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Simeon Chavel wrote:
>
>> I have a file, about 55-60pp. with about 155-160 footnotes, and on
>> a few of the many pages that have footnote references, the body
>> goes all the way to the bottom of the page, and the footnotes
>> cannot be seen. This does not affect the link between footnotes
>> and their pages - the rest of the footnotes are all on the correct
>> pages.
>
> Sounds like a layout bug. I'm not sure if this works but try...

I also think it is a layout bug. In older versions, this happened
very often. Now, it is less often, but sometimes, I have the same
problem. What I do in such cases is very simply move somehow the page
layout dragging with mouse (larger or smaller). In most of cases,
this fixes the problem. Of course, for some kinds of documents, you
should not move the page layout. Then, I don't know what I would do.
Perhaps open the file in MS Word, and save it; then open it again in
Nisus Writer Pro...??

Another bug is that with some footnotes, the main text area is made
sometimes too large, with a large blank space at the bottom of the
page, above the footnotes.

This is harder than the other cases to fix.

Anyway, as far as I can remember, we had not at all this kind of bug
in older Nisus Writer...

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,