NISUS Archives

August 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:03:12 +0900
On Aug 11, 2010, at 6:04 AM, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> Last autumn some of you advised me as to my migration from Os 9 to OS 10. One of the issues was how to convert NW6 files to NWPro files. Kino referred me to the programme he had written. I used it for a while, and somehow I lost it.

I think the program you are referring to is a NWP macro posted to the Nisus forum replying to your posting there because, IIRC, I received at that time from you a private message saying it worked for you.
<http://nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16612#p16612>

As it is a Nisus Writer Pro macro, you may find it under its Macro menu.

If you have lost it, you have to customize it again by redefining the font name ($oldFont) and the conversion table ($map).

If you have difficulties, send me off-list sample NW Classic documents, their PDF (or screenshots showing how special character should look) and special fonts (MidEast Times, MidEastern Roman, visual Hebrew fonts?) used in them. Put them in a folder and compress the folder using DropStuff (OS 9) or OS X Finder's File:Compress... so that resource forks are retained.

Kino