NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Michael Logue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:05:03 -0400
Thanks for the kind thoughts, Geoff.  Asheville is over 200 miles from where the tornadoes were.  My brother lives in Pittsboro which is very close to Sanford were a tornado took out a Lowe's (home improvement store/warehouse) after completely jumping over a chain steakhouse right next store.  Amazing. We just had high winds in the mountains, actually we have had high winds every couple of days for weeks. We are drowning in water. One of my garden plots across from the house is turning into a pond. I cannot walk in the orchard above our spring without my feet getting wet and sinking into the turf.  The hillside is a good 25% slope and water is running down the grass.  There is a bubbling spring gushing out of the ground 200 yards up slope from our spring.  And the local news has finally stopped telling us that we are in a drought.  Now my sister lives in the southwest corner of Oklahoma.  That part of Oklahoma is turning back into a dust bowl.  There have been grass/brush/forest fires all around her.  She has started to pack her car at least three times in the past month, preparing to flee fires. All who understand global warming know that things will only get worse.  The more energy added to the atmosphere, the more storms and the more violent the storms.  Too much rain in some places, not enough in others. No need for God, Man is causing the apocalypse by his own actions and willful ignorance.

Did you know that Pennsylvania is going to move Ground Hog Day 8 days earlier so Punxsutawney Phil can keep up with Spring?

 "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it ought to be good enough for the children of Texas."
        "Ma" Ferguson, Texas Gov ca. 1924.
Michael Logue                                The Grateful Union
http://www.earthguild.com/    Earth Guild: Tools Materials Books