NISUS Archives

December 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
paolo savonuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:26:15 +0100
... thank you T :-)

my website's  last page has a quote from Pasolini's "Teorema" (forgive my very poor english translation) on a "quite strong" picture and... a link to what (I believe) really matters!

Nanni Moretti... ehm... cough-cough... everyone should read Esenstein's "Lezioni di Regěa" (... "Directing Classes"?) but if you happen to be a movie director... you *must*! making a movie doesn't mean, to me, just placing a camera somewhere, with some light and some people talking/doing something :-p :-p :-p
Never seen anything worst, false, *cold* and so badly acted as... "The Son's Room". Silvio Orlando is an excellent actor (which nor Nanni Moretti nor Laura Morante are) but the psychologist he played in this movie... please: tell me it was meant to be just a joke! :-/
nonetheless everyone was crying, in the movie theatre, and it even won a Cannes "Golden Palm" :-0

oh, wait... there actually is an even worst movie: "Life is Beautiful" (by that great talent indeed named Roberto Benigni) also winner of a Cannes "Special Jury Prize" :-0

enough! :-p

yes: Ramón Mercader was indeed Vittorio's brother in law :-(
--
paolo