NISUS Archives

July 2016

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:18:59 -0700
> On Jul 21, 2016, at 7:36 PM, Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> it is not difficult to write a macro to reverse the order of words on a line, but one really wonders how such a file came about.

Philip:  If you're feeling more ambitious than me and want to tackle this for Abdassamad, his and Erik Richard's subsequent posts state that the delimiter is an "end of sentence character".   One approach would be to use the Find command to step through the document one sentence at a time; use the split command, with a space as delimiter, to create an array; then output the array in reverse order.

Abdassamad:  I expect Martin could write such a macro much faster than any of us if you post your question on the Nisus Macros web forum.  Be sure to clarify what "end of sentence" characters may occur in the document.

http://www.nisus.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Bob