NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Brownie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:04:36 +1000
There being no simple way to making a table stay together, I (with
Brian's help) worked out a way to do it.

The problem is a smallish table that I would like to have on one page.
There is a heading above it with a style giving me an automatic table
number. Inserting a page break at the beginning of the paragraph gave me
two table numbers, one an orphan on the first page, and the second the
real table heading, followed by the table.

The solution was simple in the end. I insert a page break at the end of
the preceding paragraph, then delete the paragraph mark that is then at
the top of the new page. In effect, this replaces the paragraph break
with a page break.

Only of use in final format, but simple!

John
--
John Brownie, [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Summer Institute of Linguistics      | Mussau-Emira language, Mussau Is.