NISUS Archives

September 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2011 15:05:41 +1000
Thanks Nobumi and Erik.

Neither of your suggestions seemed to have an effect, but with the Character Palette open, Selecting a line of text produced "Calibri" which is shown as being coloured 'orange' in the palette. "Remove Background Colour" is disabled.

By again selecting a line of text and then changing it to, say, Helvetica Neue, the orange background is removed and we have a clear line of black text and faint yellow background.

Calibri is not in my Font list so I can't change the colouring back, but because I cannot distinguish between the underlying text from Helvetica Neue and that in Calibri, I was at a loss.

However -

By tracking changes [what a beautiful thing] I can see that the font 'was Calibri' but is now Verdana [this time]. So a solution is to select the text and change the Font, with Track Changes ON. There is a faint yellow background.

AH ha, got it. Just 'Select all' and change the Font. Removes background colour. Sets new font.

Print too. Solved. But what is Calibri? Some funny MS trick?
Regards from brianF

======