NISUS Archives

January 2014

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 00:02:40 -0800
> On Jan 23, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Simeon Chavel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I have a Hebrew document with vowel points. I would like to strip the vowel points. What F/R expression can I set up to do this?

I hate to mention a competitor of Nisus, but if you cannot figure out how to do it in NWP, you might try Mellel, since its developers are Israeli.  You might be able to import the Nisus RTF into Mellel's proprietary format, delete the vowels, and then export it back to RTF.

For the next two days Mellel is on sale.  The education version is only $19 through Jan 25.

(I bought a copy of Mellel several years ago, but I found it inscrutable and quickly switched to NWP and never looked back.)

Bob Stern