NISUS Archives

May 2014

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 20 May 2014 08:50:34 +0300
Hi, Nisus.

Who do you turn to when you have big problems with Apple? The nice people on this forum, natch.

I have just bought a new MacBook Air to replace an older, similar machine. Both are running the latest version of Mavericks.

I can got the machines to collaborate over the migration of files. I have tried both via wifi and with a Time Machine backup saved to an external disk but Migration Assistant on the old machine, once the two machines have identified the source for the new files, quits and reboots,

I have discovered on the web that there is a recognised problem with Mavericks. It is something to do with logging out of a virtual disk and there are suggested work arounds of going into Console and typing stuff.

All that is too complicated for me.

Can anyone kindly suggest a simple way in which I can migrate everything from one machine to the other? I have the two Airs plus an external drive.

TIA.