NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:52:16 +0100
On 14 Apr 2011, at 10:28, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> Does anyone know how to adjust column numbers of the footnotes under NW Classic?
> For the main body of the text there is no problem, but the programme doesn’t seem to have a feature for increasing the number of columns in the footnotes section.
>
> Even with NW Pro I can’t do it. If I select all the footnotes with Select All and try to increase the column number, the main text above also gets its column number increased.
> I’ve read pp. 143-45 in the printed Manual. On p. 165 there is a paragraph on Creating Sections. Apparently you can’t make a new section from a footnote.

If I recall correctly, in NW Classic the number of columns in the body matches the number of columns in the footnotes.
The same is the case with NWP, but, unlike NW Classic, in NWP you can have more than one footnote on the same line (by unchecking in Style sheet>Footnote the box 'One note Per Line').

Hamid