NISUS Archives

April 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:28:21 +0900
On Apr 1, 2010, at 5:01 AM, Hajj Ali wrote:

> I already have applied what Hamid suggested. No use.

In Footnote under Note Styles in the Style Sheet view, there is an option "Multi-page Threshold". Try to set it 0 pt and 0 line. It defines "the minimum number of points and/or lines that the notes must contain before they can split between pages". With such a setting, NWP still does not split notes of 2 lines, but this may improve the situation.

Does this occur after a long footnote? If so and if possible, dividing it into two or more footnotes may help. That's just a workaround, though.

If nothing solves the problem and if you need a print out or a pdf not affected by the bug, try OpenOffice. To use it with Arabic, you have to check "Enabled for complex text layout (CTL)" in Preferences => Language Settings => Language and choose one of Arabic languages as CTL.

Kino