NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:01:04 -0400
On 4/11/11 3:23 AM, Doug Browne wrote:
> I have just bought an Epson Stylus SX420W because it is cheaper than buying new cartridges for my old Canon printer!
>
> The Epson works well via USB, but I have no idea how to connect it wirelessly. I have never used AirPort and Mac Help just sends me round and round in a loop. Epson instructions are poor also. Epson provide a long URL which does not seem to do anything and will not open in Safari.
>
> OS 10.6.7 with the latest Epson software from Apple.
>
> If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be eternally grateful.
>
> Doug
Doug,

If I understand you rightly, you have an Airport. If so, you should be
able to plug the printer into the Airport base station and it should
work. I don't remember exactly, but you might have to set the location
for the printer by going to Print & Fax in System Preferences,
right-clicking on the name of the printer on the left side of the
window, and choosing "reset printing system."

If you have another router besides Airport, follow their instructions.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]