NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:21:24 +1000
This sounds correct, Julian.
On the same Time Capsule I have a Time Machine folder for my MacBook and Time Machine folder for my wife's MacBook, but nothing else.

The TM for my MacBook is updated regularly per day; why so, I  can't justify, but it is there so I might as well use it. "TimeMachineEditor" is a useful app for changing the frequency of updates - by hours, days, etc.

As well, on a separate 1TB FireWire HD, there are four partitions, one of which holds a sort-of part-time reserve Time Machine folder. More importantly, one other partition is used solely for a bootable Super Duper! backup done weekly.

Best Wishes from
   Brian Ferguson.
Model Name:	MacBook
  Model Identifier:	MacBook4,1