NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 10:03:25 +0900
Hello Hamid (and all those who replied to my question),

Thank you very much for your replies.

On Jun 5, 2011, at 10:59 PM, Hamid Haji wrote:

> Jedit X (from version 2.16) has the option "Save with Jedit X document icon" in its "Save" Preferences. When this option is checked, all .txt .rtf, and .html documents saved with Jedit X will open with Jedit X when double-clicked in the Finder, even on Snow Leopard. From version 2.16 Jedit X developer modified (in the app's Info.plist) the CFBundleDocumentTypes definitions to UTI which makes this possible.

Thank you very much, Hamid, for this info. I did not know this option in Jedit X preferences.

> For documents created in Jedit X prior to version 2.16, the developer provided a script 'Set Open App to Jedit X' which can batch process files to open them with Jedit X.

Could you give me a url for this script, or perhaps send it to me off list? I could not find it -- and I would like to know how it is written.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,