NISUS Archives

June 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:55:46 -0400
Ns

I am in the process of scanning my printed books and thanks to the help from this site, I now use VueScan which makes ocr virtually hassle free.

Yet I have two questions.

1

In the original scan, paragraphs are indented.

How do I get Nisus to not confuse soft returns and end of paragraphs ?

2

Once I am satisfied with my full text, I have inserted chapter headings. These I have often numbered incorrectly but they are easily identifiable by the two line returns before and the two line returns afterwards.

Supposing my chapter headings are

return
return
1: One Man
return
return
(text)
return
return
2: One House
etc
etc

how can I ask Nisus in the simplest replace and find language to take me through the book, putting the chapter numbers right ?

TIA