NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 20:58:43 +0900
Hello Takamitsu,

On Sep 3, 2010, at 3:19 PM, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> There is one headache remaining, for which he advises me to ask for
> your
> help. The problem is that under Classic NW I often resortrd to the
> reverse
> mode for writing Hebrew and other R>L languages. This problem has also
> largely been resolved with Iyanaga's droplet. But sequences of
> characters
> keyed-in in the reverse mode in footnotes get converted the other
> way round.
> So when I wrote in a footnote <GFE DCBA> (that is how it looks)
> turns up as
> <ABCD EFG>. This is not conditioned by a font I use, i.e. even in
> the Roman
> alphabet.

I am not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but it seems
to me that there is some bug in NWP 1.4.1 implementation of footnote,
which affects the font of text pasted there. When I paste a text in
which are mixed some English (or other Roman) text and Japanese text
in a footnote (paste as styled text, simply Command + V), the
Japanese text font gets always wrong -- the same font as the Roman
font is used, so that the text is displayed in substituted font (but
the language attribute is not lost). I have always to correct the
font to a Japanese font (Hiragino Mincho for me).

Can anyone of you confirm this...?

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,