NISUS Archives

December 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:36:07 +0900
The "find all" behaves the same in each case. But in the first case the assignment captures the result immediately. However if you just do "Find All" the selection "cleans itself up" and reduces to the actual selected items (which are all of 0 length) so they are lost for future processing. I am pretty sure that this was much the same in the old Nisus, except that that we didn't have the first option.

One way to get around this is to actually find something with actual length (e.g. "\n") but this introduces other problems, as of course you know.

On 30. Dec 2010, at 23:42 , Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> Yes. It seems to. But does this mean that
>
> $sels = $doc.text.findAll '^', 'E', '-am'
>
> and
>
> 	Find All '^', 'Es', '-am'
>
> behave differently? I cannot test now, but if my memory is correct, I think that in Classic Nisus Writer macro, the equivalent of "Find All '^', 'Es', '-am'" used to select all the beginnings of lines, even if the actual selections were "invisible"...

Philip Spaelti