NISUS Archives

April 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:04:52 +0900
Hello, Philip, Ben, Žorvaršur

Thank you very much for your replies.

On Apr 22, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think you guys are misunderstanding Nobumi.
>
> If you look at his example you notice that the third line is wrapped. The methods you are suggesting require "hard" wrapping. My idea was based on the impression from Nobumi's sample that the first line was indeed hard wrapped (after the name), which is why I suggested using two styles.

Yes, Philip is right. In my first question, I should have added another condition -- that I want to make my layout with the full justification at the right margin (ends of lines). So I cannot use a return or a soft return at the ends of lines, except just after the author's name.

I think Philip's solution is the only usable one, although the problem of sorting paragraphs remains.

> If sorting -- and keeping paragraphs together -- is relevant I'd suggest using a macro for that.

Yes, you are certainly right. But this is another complication...!

Thank you very much anyway!

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,