NISUS Archives

December 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Aller Spanninga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:32:12 +1300
According to the respective manuals, NWP will let the user insert
images (PICT, JPEG, EPS, PDF, TIFF, PNG) directly into a file by using
the Insert:Image menu or by dragging. Inserting, dragging or indeed
pasting EPS images into a new NWP file only yielded a placeholder:
namely a little square with diagonals, bearing the name of the image
file in question. (And yes, I did tick both boxes "Link to File" and
"Include copy of image in document").
Nek minnit, tried exporting the same picture in all the formats listed
above but in the end only the TIFF version ended up in my document,
several hours later after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, because
I was fighting a tight deadline. Naturally. Anyway, success came at
last. But I'd still like to know whether it's just me doing something
totally wrong, or the NWP help system telling porkies (suppose that
would be 'Mule Muffins' to you folks in the US of A).
Can anyone shed light?

Aller Spanninga
New Plymouth
New Zealand